Last updated: October 26, 2020
Personal Information We May Collect About You
For the purposes of this Policy, “personal information” is any information that identifies you or can be used to contact you. The types of personal information we may collect include (but are not limited to) the following categories:
- Contact information – first name, last name, email address, physical address, company name, and telephone number.
- Job Applicant information – current employer, current position, prior work history and education, resume information, position applying for, and qualifications for employment.
- Marketing information – details regarding informational and promotional materials you may have requested or received from us, the markets in which you are interested, your receipt of promotional communications, and information on your marketing or communication preferences.
- Communications information – copies of communications and inquiries you have submitted to us, including through email, calls, and features available on our website.
- Website and software usage information – details regarding how and when you use our website and software, including the device used to connect to our website or software, your IP address, the frequency and duration of your usage, and information about your interaction with our website and software.
We collect this information from you when you fill out forms on our website, request and receive promotional communications and information from us, view information from our website, communicate with us (including by email, phone, through our website, and otherwise), or otherwise provide information to us.
Other Information We Collect From You
Like most websites, we use various technologies to automatically collect information about you, including the following:
- IP Address or Device Identifier. When you visit our website, we collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, which identifies the computer or service provider that you use to access our website or, if you connect through a mobile device, your mobile device identifier. We may use these identifiers to collect information about the length of time spent on our website or the specific areas visited.
- Web beacons and other technologies. Our website may use other tracking tools, including web beacons, which are small electronic images embedded in web content and email messages that are not ordinarily visible to users. Web beacons allow us to track pages and content accessed and viewed by users, as well as to monitor email readership. We may also use technologies such as pixels to track visitors across websites and direct advertisements to them. You can opt out of pixels by adjusting your browser’s cookie settings or adjusting cookie consent options on our website to not accept marketing cookies.
- Analytics. Our website may also use third-party analytics vendors such as Google Analytics. Please click here for more information about how data is collected and processed in connection with the Google Analytics service: https://policies.google.com/privacy/partners. We use analytics data for a variety of purposes, including to analyze use of our website and improve its design and content.
The information collected through these technologies may be combined with personal information or aggregated with other information on website visits. We may share information about your use of our website with our advertising and analytics partners, who may combine it with other information that you previously provided to them.
How We Use Your Information
We use the personal information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you and provide you with information you have requested;
- To register you to receive promotional and informational communications from us and provide you with such communications;
- To respond to inquiries from you regarding our business or services;
- To optimize your experience on our website and ensure that our content is presented to you in the most effective manner;
- To run marketing and advertising campaigns, including digital advertisement retargeting;
- To prevent or detect hacking activities, security breaches, or safety risks in connection with our website;
- To consider you for current or future employment opportunities and to process your employment application;
- To notify you about changes to our website, including material changes to this Policy; and
- To perform other functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection or that you otherwise consent to.
For more information about your options relating to your personal information and your communication preferences, see “Your Choices Regarding Your Information” below.
Disclosure Of Your Information
When the information we collect about you is aggregated, anonymized, or otherwise does not identify you, we may use that information for any purpose or share it with third parties, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
In addition, we may share your information with the following entities:
- Service providers and third-party vendors that we use to support our business, including companies that perform work necessary for us to provide services to you or users of our products, or that assist us in improving our business operations and services. Examples of such service providers include vendors that assist with product user onboarding and end user licensing agreement management.
- Our marketing and advertising vendors that may assist with lead generation, hosting information relating to clients and potential clients, marketing automation, advertisement placement and targeting, and marketing campaigns and communications.
- Website analytics vendors in order to understand our website traffic and usage patterns, optimize our website, and identify potential new clients.
- Buyers or other successors prior to or in the event of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as a part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, where the information is among the assets being transferred.
- Other parties for any purpose we disclose at the time you provide the information.
We reserve the right to disclose your information as necessary to comply with a subpoena or investigative demand, court order, request for cooperation from law enforcement or other governmental agency, to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims, or as otherwise required by law.
Your Choices About Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding your personal information. If we ever send you promotional emails, you can stop receiving those emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the email. We endeavor to promptly process any unsubscribe requests. You can also choose not to provide us with information requested through our website, which may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website or receive certain information about our business and services.
Links To Third-Party Websites
Our website may contain links to third-party websites. These websites have separate privacy policies that you should review. While we make efforts to choose the links on our website carefully, we cannot take responsibility for the content of linked websites or those companies’ data-handling practices.
Protection Of Your Information
We understand the importance of safeguarding your information and take appropriate administrative, technical, and physical measures to protect your personal information from loss, theft, and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. Please be aware, however, that no security measures or data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warranty the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
National Grid Renewables is headquartered in the United States and any information you provide to us will reside on servers in the United States. To the extent your information was collected outside the United States, it may be necessary to transfer your information to the United States for processing in order to provide you with requested products. You understand and consent that information you provide may be transferred to and processed in the United States. The data protection laws in the United States may not be the same as the data protection laws in your home country.
Our website is a general audience site and is not directed at, or intended for use by, children under the age of 13 years. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 13.
National Grid Renewables does not honor “Do Not Track” signals and such signals will not impact the operation of our website.
Please note that we may change this Policy from time to time. We will post changes here and update the “Last Updated” date at the top of this document. Continued use of this website after any changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes. We encourage you to check the Policy periodically for updates.
How To Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Policy or our information-handling practices, please contact us at:
National Grid Renewables Development, LLC
8400 Normandale Lake Boulevard
Bloomington, MN 55437
Phone: (952) 988-9000